"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

8.17.2009

Thing #4: Adulthood

Right. This is an odd thing to be happy about, perhaps, considering plenty of American "adults" spend their lives seeking some mythological childhood and adolescence they may or may not have actually enjoyed. And while I may jokingly theorize that my life peaked at 8, I enjoy growing up. And today, I am happy to be an adult.

I like the dishes organized in the cabinet. I like looking out the window at the car I pay for each month. I like the responsibility that I meet each week.

Sometimes that fulfillment is rewarding. And for that, it's something to be happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment