"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

8.13.2009

Thing #2: Homemade salsa

I ate at my parents' house tonight, and when I walked in, Drew was cutting corn off the cob into a very large bowl. The bowl, I learned, contained the goodness of fresh vegetables and fruit - also know as fresh salsa. In the bowl's depths were peaches, cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, peppers, onions, and a healthy helping of cilanto. To the mix, he added lemon juice and the mix was complete. And it was delicious.

So here's to real, garden-grown goodness mixed together to form a happy combination of delicious. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment