"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

11.23.2009

Thing #21: Christmas trees

I love Christmas, and I will probably include several items on this blog that center around my love of all things Christmas. If this bothers you, get over it. I feel no sympathy, and I make no apologies.



Christmas trees are spectacular. Not two are the same, whether they be freshly cut pine or artificial plastic. Each one has unique lights and decorations and branches. They say so much about the people or places they are found. Trees can be sparkly, monochromatic, country classic, 40s retro, or scattered and bright. My two trees say a lot about me, I think. I have two that are very different, which shows, of course, that I am indecisive with different tastes in decoration (which my apartment also displays with the country traditional rooms and the bright pink room).

They're just so fun. I could drink my hot cider and stare at my trees for hours. In fact, I may resort to that tonight when I should be reading or cleaning or grocery shopping. I get kind of caught up in the wonder of it all.

Ah, Christmas tree...

No comments:

Post a Comment