"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

11.18.2009

Thing #20: Peppermint Scented and Flavored things

The holiday season is upon us. I am (as mentioned before) excited about this. One aspect of the holiday season particularly makes me happy: peppermint. I really dislike peppermint normally. I prefer wintergreen or any number of other flavors to peppermint. However, when the weather turns colder and leaves fall from trees, I begin to have an interest in peppermint. Peppermint bark, peppermint candy canes, and peppermint flavored lip gloss are all things that I enjoy.

Right now, I am wearing a lovely lip gloss from Bath & Body Works that is both scented and flavored like peppermint (in fact, the label states that it contains peppermint oil, whatever the heck that is). Ah, winter.

I also want to provide an update on a previous entry: Starbucks has Christmas products on their website. They include a delightful mug that looks like the cup sold in the store as well as a cold beverage cup with a candy cane striped straw. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment