"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

1.02.2011

Thing #66: Yoga

First, let me preface this by saying that my experience in this realm is limited. Limited here means attendance at two Y yoga sessions and three sessions with my yoga DVDs. However, I recognize that limited does not mean that a.) I lack enough evidence to support the practice or that b.) I can't be happy about it.

After Christmas, I bought a yoga DVD and performed pathetic attempts at yoga on the mat that Drew bought me for Christmas (also, family, is it at all possible this mat was the source of the odd Christmas day smell? I think it may have been). I have now tried to faithfully perform the activities on the DVD three times (as previously mentioned). I am very proud of this AND convinced that the vague pain in my muscles is a fabulous sign of the strength to come.

And I have to say, it does wonders for my mental state. WONDERS. Part of my New Year's Resolutions is an exercise component, and yoga is a very vital part of it. I am stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment