"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

12.13.2010

Thing #65: Snow in the Weather Report

As established, I am (nor are many people) not a fan of gloomy weather. There are a few instances when gloomy weather is not so bad. One of those instances is when there is a light dusting of snow incorporated into the gloom. Generally, the white powder floating through the air makes up for the existing general grayness of the day.

Today, it is snowing (not much, but some) while I sit in my gloomy study block class and grade equally gloomy homework assignments. But, as I look on weather.com, it shows me this lovely graphic including those wonderful snowflakes. I have to say, they are simply prettier than their liquid counterparts, even on a weather forcast. So today, I am happy for the snow in the weather report (as well as living in Virginia Beach where it was 50+ degrees yesterday so this snow will not stick and cause an epic shutdown of life).

No comments:

Post a Comment