"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

11.03.2012

Thing #86: the long run

The last three weeks have been insanely packed with school stuff, fun stuff, and tough stuff. Unfortunately, they haven't included almost any running stuff.

Today, though, included a great long run. After not running more than 5.5 miles for three weeks, I had some anxiety about a long run and definitely about the Richmond half next weekend. Today, I ran a glorious 10 miles. It was chilly but great weather for a run. The average pace of the first 8 miles was an easy 11:15, but for the last 2, I picked it up to 9:23 and 9:07 pace. It felt so good.

So while I'm thankful for the long run, I'm also glad to have legs that'll take me that far, a beautiful state park to run in, and the blue sky to run under. It's good to feel like I'm fully alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment