"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

10.10.2010

Thing #57: Boots

I love shoes. I have many, many pairs. Still, I love when I get new shoes that are both comfortable and stylish. I have recently acquired many pairs of new shoes, and I am looking forward to wearing them throughout fall and into winter. Outfit and shoe combinations swim in my mind; I am stimulated.

One of these pairs of new shoes is a delightful pair of suede of boots. Ah, these shoes are glorious. I wore them to school with a skirt and then over my jeans to the football game. They are soft, and they leave ample room for my legs to breathe. The best part, however, of any pair of boots is that they can be worn with socks. Socks keep perpetually cold feet like mine warm. It is a miracle of fashion that such flat, practical boots have been in style now for several winters running. I find myself wearing boots 3 to 4 days out of 7, and I feel comfortable. Most importantly, I am warmer than I would be in heels or flats that required pantyhose or - worst of all - bare feet. And, more importantly, they do not - nor will they ever - require that I have a pedicure (like my other favorite form of footwear - the flip flop). Ahhhhh...

Ah, fall. Thank you for allowing me to wear such loveliness on my feet. I see scarves on the horizon as well...oh glorious, glorious cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment