"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

7.20.2010

Thing #41: Coffee

I have NO idea how I managed to have a list with things to be happy about and NOT list coffee. This is sad, and it must be remedied (as must my month+ long absence. Tsk tsk, Katie).

So here's the deal: it's summer (wow! big, earth-shattering news right there), and I've become world-class lazy. I wake up somewhere from 9:30 to 10:30, proceed to find some food and sit around some more. In this laziness, I have failed to make my requisite morning cup of joe. Instead, I languish in a state of near confusion until a headache or exhaustion forces me to caffeinate myself. Yesterday, I did this at 3 PM with a cup of Starbucks coffee from my coffee maker. And I realized, I need to do this more often and earlier in the day, because I. Love. Coffee.

From the smell of the grounds to the noise of the percolating deliciousness to the warm comfort as it slides down my throat, I love it all. The best part of waking up, you know, is coffee after all. Shame on me for forgetting early childhood indoctrination. Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment