"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

7.24.2010

Thing #42: Sushi

Until about 2 months ago, I was an avowed sushi hater. All I could think was, "Raw fish and seaweed? Double ick." I decided to give it another go at dinner with friends, and shock of all shocks, I like it. I even like the sushi with shrimp, white fish, AND salmon. That's right folks, BIG steps here. We're talking moon leaps for seafood, sushi hating Katie. But under those slimy pieces of fish wrapped in seaweed and ride, it's just delightful, really. So many flavors are there in one bite, and it's acceptable to stuff your face with all of them at once. Not to mention the silent joy I get out of being able to FINALLY use my chopsticks with something akin to skill and, dare I say it, grace. I have to say I'm shocked that this has entered my "things to be happy about" countdown, but because it's a bit out there, I decided to include it.

Especially since my belly is full of California roll and a delightful concoction called the "honey honey roll." Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment