"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

10.28.2009

Thing #17: Lime Candy

I was innocently eating my SweetTarts the other day when I realized that the green candies were apple flavored. This has been occurring for quite some time, I understand, but it still strikes me as odd. From childhood, my favorite flavors were purple (grape) and green (lime). But somehow, green began to mean "green apple" and my happiness when eating green candy dissipated.

There are a few candies that hold fast to the original and better flavor, and for those delicious hold outs, I am happy.

Bring back lime-flavored candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment