"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

10.18.2009

Thing #16: Freshmen and their hall decorations


The Class of 2013 at Ocean Lakes is truly phenomenal. The faculty and administration can hardly believe that so many freshmen continue to show up to meetings. We even chose an executive board of 19.
Most recently (last Monday, when I should have posted this), they decorated the hall for homecoming week. Their theme was "Aladdin: A Whole New Class," and they did an outstanding job coming in second to the seniors. I'd like to take a moment for you to enjoy their efforts, in particular, this lovely Jasmine and Aladdin on the magic carpet ride that hung from the ceiling all week. I couldn't really imagine what they had in store, but what they accomplished certainly surpassed my expectations. I've also shared the market they created. It's 3D. That's right. Legendary. Just wait until their ring dance and prom. Goodness only knows...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the Freshmen are thriving under your leadership. Also, Amber and I would have loved the Aladdin theme as we love to sing "A Whole New World". GOOOO DOLPHINS!!!

    ReplyDelete