"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

5.30.2010

Thing #37: Three Day Weekends

Without explanation or apology, I am back. (thanks for the inspiration, Drew)

There is something sweet about waking up on Sunday and thinking, "What do I need to get done today before going back to the grind?" and realizing that you have two days rather than one to finish things. This three day weekend came at a particularly wonderful time, following a student calling me "unprofessional" and lying to me at the end of 3rd block on Friday. It's good to get away from those kinds of situations for a longer-than-normal amount of time.

It's also nice to think that I can go to church today, enjoy lunch with the fam as usual, hit the beach, and still hang out late and get papers graded or even grab a drink with a willing friend. I like the possibilities today affords as a result of tomorrow's freedom from the grind.

Also surprising is the weather - once calling for thunderstorms, it appears calm and sunny outside. What a fabulous way to continue the three day hiatus from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment