"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

5.31.2010

Thing #38: Sun tan lines

At my last check-up, my doctor said, "Oh no. We don't like to see tan lines. That means you haven't been wearing enough sunscreen." Yeah yeah. I get it. I'll be wrinkly and spotted when I'm older. It's bad for my skin. Tan is technically damage. Yeah.

But I love the sun. And I love that my skin is brown and smells of sunscreen for days at a time (because I DO wear it...just a low SPF). I love that I can wade into the water, come out, and let the sun dry the droplets seemingly instantaneously. The lines mean that I can wear my swimsuit. They mean that my summer dresses no longer need sweaters. They mean that winter woes are a memory.

They mean summer is almost here. Beach days (my happy days) aren't far away.

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment