"I think earth, if chosen instead of Heaven, will turn out to have been, all along, only a region in Hell: and earth, if put second to Heaven, to have been from the beginning a part of Heaven itself." -CS Lewis, The Great Divorce

8.31.2010

Thing #44: Early Bed Times

I am admittedly a night person. I would much rather stay up late, watch trashy TV, catch the news, and continue to stay awake through more terrible TV or a good book. I like stars and fireworks and late night strolls. I also love to sleep in, generally far past the wake-up hour for real life.

Unfortunately, the real world does not afford me an opportunity to indulge in waking up late every morning (5:30AM, anyone?), so I must readjust my schedule. Often, I putter around until it's late enough that there is no hope for a good night's rest. However, after those rare nights when I manage to climb into bed early and fall into a deep sleep, I wake up refreshed.

So, while an early bed time may not always be desirable, in a world that requires 5:30 alarms, it is certainly something to be happy to enjoy. And tonight, I am off to a sound - and early - slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment